More than one submission per credentialed professional is welcomed!
The AATA, in partnership with Dover Publications, Inc., is creating a coloring book that will help raise public awareness of the art therapy profession.
It will be illustrated solely by AATA credentialed professional members, showcasing their talent while providing their unique perspectives on the benefits of art therapy.
Importantly, this book will promote an accurate and consistent message of art therapy as a regulated mental health profession, because the AATA will oversee written content included in the book, including the title and introduction,and ensure all content is relevant to the AATA’s mission and vision. Furthermore, the contributing artists may promote their own products/services that can be included in conjunction with their coloring page and narrative (e.g., link to professional webpage).
Some of the proceeds generated by sales of the book will directly support the AATA’s initiatives and programs, and by extension, the people who are helped by art therapists.
How to enter:
- Any credentialed professional AATA member may submit ONE OR MORE original illustrations created solely by you, the submitting artist.
- Artwork must be black and white line art. No color.
- Do not include large areas of black. Images need to have open white spaces
- for coloring.
- No cross-hatching (i.e. fine parallel lines drawn closely together to create the illusion of shade or texture in the drawing).
- Lines should connect to form complete spaces that can be colored in.
- Artwork must adhere to a “nature” theme which can include landscapes, seascapes, animals, plants, etc. in any style (i.e. realistic, fantasy, designs, overall patterns, etc.).
- Image area for artwork is 7 ⅛ x 10.
- Image must be vertical.
- Try to compose your picture using the complete image area.
For more information and to submit your entry, visit:
Entries must be submitted no later than October 31, 2016.
To help artists gain a sense of Dover’s expectations in terms of quality and content, please refer to examples from these sources:
Dover will select approximately 35 illustrations from all those submitted to be included in the
published book and will contact only those artists whose work is chosen.
All finalists will be asked for a brief narrative to accompany their artwork. Guidelines for the narrative will be sent to finalists after the selection process is complete.
We hope that AATA credentialed professional members will join us in this unique opportunity to educate the public and promote the art therapy profession through this exciting and worthwhile venture!